Peterson’s Candies got its start in 1931 as the “Corn Crib” on the corner of 3rd and Pine Street in Jamestown, NY. Owner Mr. Woodbridge had an employee who began dabbling in the production of chocolate and confections. This employee was Mr. Emel Peterson, he quickly gained a passion for creating sweet treats. When Emel returned from WWII , him and his wife Elsie purchased the current building in the 1950's. Due to Urban Renewal the original Corn Crib building was torn down, and the Peterson's moved their business to it's current location in Busti, NY for good. The current location, with their signature giant candy canes has been open for over 65 years. Steve Frankson, the former owner, explains. “They mortgaged everything but their shoelaces to go into business!” Steve’s father, Winston, purchased the candy store in 1976. Later he passed the business to his son and daughter in law, Steve and Chris in 1990's.“ Now keeping the Peterson's Candies tradition alive are Jeremy and Liz Gruber who purchased the store in 2018.The Grubers hope to expand the business in diverse ways, while keeping the history and traditions of the store alive and well.