Allstate Moving Systems is one of the largest privately-owned moving companies in California.
We have been providing moving services to our Southern California community since 1965 and have maintained an “A+” Rating with the BBB along the way. We provide local, long-distance and international moving services, as well as commercial moving and warehousing & distribution services. We are an agent for United Van Lines, America’s #1 Mover.
If you are looking for a career with a proven successful moving company, and an opportunity for growth, apply today!
This position is responsible for driving all Class C company vehicles as assigned. The employee must maintain a clean driving record as deemed acceptable by our insurance company and/or Company’s Policy. This includes meeting the requirements of a criminal background check, driving record, physical, drug screen, and any other information as required by state and federal regulations. Additionally, the employee may be assigned a variety of duties & work situations such as supervising crew, loading, packing, inventorying shipments or assisting the warehouse.
Benefits available to eligible employees:
Duties may include:
· Safely drive all company Class C vehicles (owned or rented) as assigned
· Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection of assigned vehicle
· Properly use all moving equipment, including dollies, four-wheelers, lift-gates, piano boards, walk-boards, etc.
· Complete required log in a timely manner
· Packing/Helper as required
· Supervise and direct the crew in order to efficiently complete the job assigned
· Correctly complete all paperwork for the designated job
· Provide and maintain superior customer service
· Report to work promptly at the dispatched time
· Other reasonable duties as directed by supervisor
· Requires a valid Class C license with a clean driving record
· Driving ability including starting, stopping and controlling the actions of machines or equipment for which a course must be steered, or which must be guided, to control the movement of things
· Ability to speak and write in English must be at the minimal equivalent to high school level
· Ability to comprehend and implement verbal instructions efficiently
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations at the minimal equivalent to high school level
· Works well in a team environment
· Ability to effectively communicate with fellow employees and/or customers
These physical activities are essential to the job occasionally to frequently. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, climbing, balancing, stooping/bending, reaching, and handling.
· Must be able to lift and carry 80-100 lbs.
· Required to stand and walk for long periods of time
· Required to work outside in either hot or cold climate for extended periods of time
· Required to work additional hours/overtime/weekend when necessary to complete a task and/or move
· May be required to sit (driving) for long periods of time