The Gambia filing a lawsuit against Burma at ICJ would not have been possible without a thoughtful strategy and efforts by American Muslims. This story will Insha Allah come out.
Here are the efforts which led to this major step:
I called Arsalan Suleman today to congratulate him on the Gambian submitting a case against Burma for its genocide of Rohingyas. It is an extraordinary step and Arsalan strategized and worked on it. He is the former Obama appointee to US representative to the OIC, the Organization of Islamic Countries.
American Muslims have played a critical role in leading up to the world acceptance that Burma is committing genocide against Rohingyas. Burma Task Force a coalition of 38 Muslim organizations and an interfaith coalition which we established working with many other allies and independent human rights organizations and Rohingya advocates all can take comfort that now Burma in both the International judicial bodies, ICC and ICJ stands indicted. Burma Task Force, its fiscal agent Justice For All and both based in Sound Vision offices and are powered by it.
* Burma Task Force declared it to be a genocide: 2012
* Amnesty International blocks Abdul Malik Mujahid, Chair Burma Task Force, from speaking since they did not agree with the genocide position: 2013
* Burmese Muslim Association resigns from Burma Task Force accusing it of exaggeration calling it a genocide: 2013
* Burma Task Force organized/sponsored academic conferences to provide depth to the argument of genocide: 2012-2015
* Maung Zarni and Natalie Brinham published first academic paper arguing it is a genocide: 2014
* Maung Zarni and Burma Task Force co-organized a conference at Nobel Peace Institute Oslo Norway: 2015
* Maung Zarni and Burma Task Force issued 7 Nobel Peace Laureates Statement that it is a textbook case of genocide: 2015
* Burma Task Force created interFaith Coalition to Stop Genocide in Burma: 2017
* Burma Task Force efforts resulted in Republican National Committee passing a resolution that it is a genocide: 2018
* Burma Task Force Canada led efforts which resulted in Canada declaring it a genocide: 2018
* US House passes resolution declaring it a genocide thanks to Burma Task Force lobbying efforts US: 2018
* Burma Task Force files at International Criminal Court (ICC) on behalf of the Tula Toli victims of genocide: 2019
* 55 Christian Evangelical leaders wrote to President Trump urging him to rescind President Obama’s executive orders lifting sanctions from Burma which gave green light to Burma to commit genocide: 2019
* Burma Task Force organized two lobbying days including Rohingyas, Kachin, Kiran and others at the Congress: 2019
* Arsalan Muhammad, former US ambassador to OIC led efforts for OIC and Gambia to file at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to declare it a genocide.: 2019
Justice For All the fiscal agent of Burma Task Force is emerging as a human rights organization with a lobbying firm, a Public Relations firm, two representatives at the United Nations and two attorneys engaged by us at the International Criminal Court.
I request you to please fund this extraordinary organization which now is working on SaveUighur and FreeKashmir.org causes along with the Rohingya cause. https://buff.ly/370fiML…/contribute/transact… Hena Zuberi
Justice For All, Inc. is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. As such, all contributions are tax dedutible for income and state tax purposes. Our US Federal Tax ID number is 36-4293503.